Going out on a first date shouldn’t put that much pressure on us girls but sometimes when the guy you really like asks you out on a date, you can’t help but stress out over tiny things such as how to act, what to say and, of course, what to wear for your first date. It’s understandable – I know you want to impress him but be careful in planning certain things out because you’ll still want your true self to shine, right? What you wear to a first date is very important. It contributes greatly to your date’s first impression of you. You’ll want to wear something that’d make you look extra cute while still allowing you to sport your own personal style. Check out these tips on what to wear to a first date to help you decide on what outfit to put together for that first date.
- Something girly – even if you’re not really a girly girl, at least try to wear something that’s feminine for a first date. Men always love it when women look cute and dainty. Dresses are always great for achieving that soft feminine look but if dresses are not your thing, there are other ways that you can look feminine as well. A lace or silk blouse, for example, can be worn with a pair of jeans for the perfect balance of girly and comfy casual.
- Something that shows your personal style – as much as you want to impress your date by dressing up the way most men like women dressed up, try not to go overboard to the point where you no longer show what your personal style really is. Most men will say they don’t care much about women’s fashion but believe me, they will know when you’re faking it. How, you ask? Because wearing something you’re not used to will show and you won’t look and feel very comfy in it.
- Don’t worry about labels – unless he works in fashion, your date won’t know whether you’re wearing Prada, Jimmy Choo or whatnot or if you’re wearing something you got from the thrift store. Don’t worry about the labels and choose something that you’re comfortable with instead. Nothing is more gorgeous than a woman who is comfortable with herself.
- Comfy clothes – how would you feel if your date never stopped fidgeting in front of you? Wouldn’t you feel awkward and think there’s something wrong? Well, think about that for a second before you choose what to wear to a first date. You don’t want your date to think you don’t really wanna be there by fidgeting so much now, would you? This is why it’s important to wear comfortable clothes when going on a date, especially the first one.
- Something appropriate – if you don’t know where your date is taking you, ask. Most first dates aren’t surprise dates so there’s a pretty good chance he’ll tell you where he plans on taking you. This will prevent you from overdressing or under-dressing. If you’re going out on a fancy dinner date, you can always rely on your trusty ol’ LBD. A quick coffee in the afternoon, on the other hand, calls for something more casual like t-shirt and jeans or maybe even shorts.