Gwen Stefani is known not only for her music but also for her great sense of style. Whether she’s out to run errands, go along on a play date with her kid, travel for a tour or just go on stage to perform, it’s undeniable that her style has captivated the heart of a lot of women, especially the fashionistas. In fact, her own clothing line L.A.M.B Clothing is doing so well because people look up to her as a style icon. If you like her style, check out these tips on how to dress like Gwen Stefani.
- COOL GIRL GEAR – if you want to get Gwen Stefani’s style down to a T, you should stock up on cool girl gear. What’s cool girl gear, you ask? Well, it’s anything and everything that can give your outfit a fresh, hip and edgy vibe. It could be a leather jacket, a pair of sexy booties, loud prints, bold colors, chains all that jazz. These pieces are what you will be using to give any look a kick.
- STREAMLINED SILHOUETTE – the oversized trend may be big right now (no pun intended) but if you’re dressing up like Gwen, there’s no room for that. Gwen’s outfit silhouettes are always sleek and streamlined and if she ever takes the looser route, she never goes beyond just a little baggy. I guess what I’m trying to say here is that proper fitting is important. Wearing proper fitting clothes will make your outfit look neater and more polished like Gwen’s.
- PRINT AND PATTERN PLAY – one of the things that always keeps Gwen Stefani’s outfits interesting is the prints / patterns she wears. Rarely would you see this stylista wearing plain, solid colors on her outfit. You don’t have to be clad in prints and patterns from head to foot. A little touch of leopard print here or perhaps a pop of polka dot there should be enough if you’re not all for wearing lots of prints and patterns.
- KEEP IT COLORFUL – another thing you don’t see Gwen do often is sport just one color in one look. Sure, the monochromatic look is hot and flattering and all but it does tend to get boring sometimes. Keeping your outfit colorful doesn’t mean you have to wear bright colors all the time. Sometimes, all it takes to keep your outfit from being boring is to wear the same color in different shades and intensities. A pop of color will give you more of that Gwen-y vibe, though, no matter how little.
- HOP ON HEELS – Gwen is pretty petite so her way of making herself look tall is wearing heels but that’s not all heels do. It also gives her outfits a more put-together and more glamorous look. If you’re aiming for the same fab feel, slip into your favorite pair of heels.