Flip flops are the ultimate summer footwear but, as adults, there are just times and places where wearing flip flops would be unacceptable and inappropriate which is a total bummer because who doesn’t love wearing comfy footwear, right? If you’re looking for something that’s just as comfy but can be worn just about anywhere, check out these dressy flip flop alternatives for summer. They’re stylish, comfy, and perfect they’re perfect to go with any summer look.
- Birkenstock sandals – the chunky look might get most people thrown off but, believe me, there are more than just a few couple of Birkenstock sandal styles out there that are perfect for creating a dressy look without totally eliminating the laidback and relaxed feel of the whole ensemble.
- Summer sliders – if you’re not a fan of the Birkenstock brand or you simply can’t find them anywhere, you can opt for any other summer slider instead. Summer sliders are super comfy and they can look really dressy too, especially when worn with the right pieces.
- Mules – for a really posh and dressy summer look that’s also cool and laidback, finish off your outfit with a pair of mules. Mules are super hot and on trend right now and while they’re a definite throwback, today’s styles are infinitely more exciting and creative so finding a pair that will suit your style well should be no problem.
- Espadrilles – espadrilles are the perfect footwear to go for if you want something a little dressier than flip flops but still want to keep that summery vibe going in your look. Espadrilles are really comfy, too, making them really easy to walk in all day long.
- Gladiator sandals – want something open to keep your feet feeling nice on a warm sunny day but find that flip flops are a little too casual? Go for gladiator sandals instead. The strappy look of these give them that dressy look and feel but the overall design is really chic and laidback.
- T-strap sandals – perhaps the closest thing you can get to wearing flip flops without that dressed down look are T-strap sandals. The ones with fancy embellishments, especially are great for completing your sophisticated summer ensemble.
- Lace up flats – another trend that you can wear on your feet to replace your flip flops for a dressier vibe are lace up flats. They’re just as comfy but a tad bit more posh and perfect for adding just the right hint of sexy vibe to your look, too.