Off the shoulder tops are the perfect way to look sweet and sexy for summer. These tops are perfect for anything, from going to the beach, going on a road trip or just spending a lazy summer afternoon outdoors. If you’re looking for something to wear that’s stylish and would make a great statement at the same time, you should definitely go for an off the shoulder top. There are lots of off the shoulder top styles and designs to choose from ranging from the pieces that you can wear for casual outfits to those that can be used in creating fancier and dressier looks. If you’re wondering how to style off the shoulder tops, check out these ideas on what to wear with off the shoulder tops.
- Shorts – off the shoulder tops and shorts make the perfect summer statement outfit, especially for the beach. This outfit is such a cute street style look that anyone can easily pull off. Wear regular denim shorts for a cute and comfy casual look or switch it up with ripped denims for a more edgy street style vibe. You can also make the look even more feminine by wearing something girly like lace shorts or sequin – embellished ones.
- Skirt – if you’re a girly girl and an off the shoulder top isn’t feminine enough for you, take the girly factor up a notch by pairing it up with something cute and flirty like a skirt. Short skater skirts are great for adding that sweet and sexy vibe while full midi or maxi skirts let you dress up your off the shoulder top a bit so you can wear it to dressier dates and events. You can also wear it tucked into a high waisted, fitter pencil skirt to get that posh look that’s sure to make you steal the spotlight from any celeb or model off duty.
- A statement necklace – if you have a gorgeous statement necklace that you want to show off, an off the shoulder top makes the perfect back drop. Since there will be nothing on the chest / décolleté area, your necklace will be going up against bare skin and that creates such a sexy look and makes your necklace really stand out. Bib necklaces usually work best for these looks but you can do long and multi – layered necklaces as well.
- Skinny jeans – need a casual outfit that’s cute, simple and subtly sexy? Why not wear your off the shoulder top with your everyday ordinary skinny jeans? It’s a really easy look to recreate and it’s fool-proof, too! Brighten it up by going for colored denim skinny jeans or give your outfit a more fun and quirky twist by wearing printed skinny jeans instead. if you’re not a fan of skinny jeans, you can always wear boot cut jeans instead for a simple and streamlined silhouette.
- A tank top underneath – got one of those slouchy off the shoulder tops that seem to always fall off more on one shoulder than the other? Or maybe you have a sheer one that needs something underneath so you can wear it out in public? Simply throw on a tank top underneath and use these off the shoulder tops as your workout clothes. You’re sure to be the envy of every girl at the gym.