Going home for the Holidays is one of my most favorite things about the season. You get to see friends and family you’ve missed the past few months and you get to enjoy Holiday parties and festivities with them while season lasts. My least favorite thing about it all, though, is the travelling part – especially flying. Airports get so crowded during the holidays that waiting to board can be rather stressful. Not to mention that a long haul flight itself can also make you look real haggard as well. If you’re planning on flying this season, check out these tips on what to wear to the airport when travelling for the holidays.
- SLIGHTLY OVERSIZED PULLOVER AND LEGGINGS – this is a really simple, really basic outfit that anyone can pull off. To make it the easiest outfit you’ll put together your whole life, go ahead and opt for neutral colors on both pieces. This look is comfy but it screams style star off duty chic.
- DENIM ON DENIM COMFORT – nothing beats the comfort of being able to wear jeans so why not take it up a notch and create an outfit that’s both comfy and chic by pairing up a soft denim / chambray shirt with your most comfortable pair of favorite jeans? This denim on denim look lets you look stylish effortlessly and it’s super easy to pull off as well.
- BLANKET CAPE CHIC – for a trendier airport outfit that’s still just as comfy and cozy, simply top off your outfit with a blanket cape. These capes are all over the runways right now and they’re one of the hottest street style outerwear must haves, too! They’re perfect for travelling because you can cozy up in them later when you get cold in the plane.
- SWEATER DRESS AND FLAT BOOTS – a sweater dress makes for a quick and easy go-to outfit for any place or occasion and that includes the airport. Just slip into one, layer with a pair of tights underneath if you like, and finish off the outfit with flat but fabulous boots.
- AWESOME OVERALLS – love one-piece items that are quick and easy to style? How about an awesome overall that’ll give you a fun and fashionable look? Layer it up with a turtleneck top underneath for maximum comfort and you are good to go!
- JUMPSUIT AND JACKET COMBO – if you don’t like how overalls give the slightest hint of the 90s vibe, you can opt for a more contemporary piece which is a jumpsuit. This is a great piece to wear to the airport if you’re thinking of heading straight to a party as soon as you hop off the plane. Simply top it off with a jacket to keep you warm while in the plane and you’re done.