If there’s one thing that’s really worth looking forward to at work, it’s the parties and now that it’s almost Holiday season, you can expect a tide of company parties to be thrown one after the other. If there’s one thing about these parties that can be considered a downside, though, it is the fact that you’d have to dress up for each one and, if you’re a big fashion girl, of course you’ll want to look chic and cheery in all parties, be it a small one for your department or a bigger one for the whole company. If you’re starting to get ready for the upcoming festivities, check out these tips on what to wear to holiday parties at the office.
- Leopard prints – if you’re looking for a way to amp up your office look without doing anything too drastic or dramatic, you can wear interesting prints instead. Leopards prints, i find, are the best ones to wear to the office because they’re appropriate for the season plus they add that sexy vibe to your look. If you think leopard prints are too wild for the office, you can always tone it down by pairing it with something neutral and structured like a black blazer.
- Mixed prints – now, if you don’t mind crossing over to the wild side for the Holidays at work, why not go a little bolder and do a print of print outfit? There are so many print combinations that you can create and what you wear with which all depends on your personal style as well as on what look you want to achieve.
- Jumpsuit – a great way to get dolled up for the party but still posh and professional for work is to sport a jumpsuit. Try a long-sleeved jumpsuit to keep the corporate vibe going or dress it up and top it off with a blazer jacket to make it still look like an office ensemble (plus the glam, of course). Turn it up by finishing off with the fiercest pair of heels and you’re on your way to getting that best dressed award.
- Versatile shift dress – if there’s one thing that anyone, and i mean ANYONE, can pull off at the Holiday parties at work, it’s a shift dress. A shift dress is simple and straightforward. You can dress it up however you like and make it look as plain and simple or as fabulous and glamorous as possible. Use bright and bold accessories and accents to give your shift dress a cheery boost.
- Something shimmery – one of the first things that come to mind when we talk about the Holidays is the festivities and all things shiny and shimmery that come along with it. If you want to go all out on giving your office ensemble the Holiday spirit, you can wear something shimmery like a sequined dress or a glitter shirt.