Overalls used to be super trendy back then – back when we were in pre-school, that is. After our mothers stopped dressing us and as soon as we started dressing ourselves, I’m pretty sure many of us stopped wearing overalls. Going to the mall, overalls are not really something you’d see often on displays. Neither are they the actual reason you want to go shopping. Many women back off from overalls because they’re just not sure to style them. Knowing how to wear and what to wear with overalls is important, though, because then you can pull off lots of different dapper looks with them. Check out these grown up ways to wear overalls with style and see how you can rock this item.
- Denim – the most common and easiest type of overalls to wear are denim ones. They’re the ones that would remind you of either your pre-school overalls or farmer dungarees. They have a real casual vibe and they’re perfect for street style looks. To make sure your outfit looks chic, choose denim overalls that fit like a glove. You don’t want them too baggy like farmer dungarees or too tight that it would look like you were squeezing yourself in to your little sister’s clothes. You can wear anything underneath denim overalls from shirts to sweater and bandeaus.
- Leather – if you’re looking for a grown up way to rock overalls, why not try leather? They’re sexy, they’re fierce and they’re the perfect way to make overalls look sexy. Believe it or not, leather overalls are very chic. They’re super versatile, too, and you can wear them all year round. They’re perfect if you’re ready for something that would unleash your inner sex kitten. Pair your leather overalls with killer heels and you’ve got yourself a sexy and unique clubbing outfit.
- Plain white – white is summer’s ultimate color and if you’re looking for fun and unique ways to wear white this summer, you can wear plain white overalls. Use them to create a monochromatic look or wear them on top of a nice, bright shirt or tank top – wear it any way you want for summer. It’s the perfect way to wear overalls if you like plain and simple pieces to create your summer looks.
- Printed – on the other hand, if you like fun and cute details on your outfit, you can wear printed overalls. Floral overalls are on trend for spring and summer. You can also wear graphic overalls if you want to channel your inner nerd. Printed overalls are perfect if you have something plain and simple underneath like a solid white shirt. You can also wear printed overalls if you’re going for the print on print trend.
- Overall shorts – not in the mood for full dungarees? Make your outfit more summery by opting for overall shorts instead. They’re perfect for lazy days when you don’t have much time or patience to put together a really cute outfit but you still want to look stylish and chic. Wear crop tops or muscle tees underneath for the perfect street style summer look and you’re ready to go.