Summer is here which means you get to wear your favorite shorts and miniskirts again! Speaking of miniskirts, how do you style your miniskirts so they still come off as classy and chic? I’m pretty sure every girl has a miniskirt somewhere in her closet, waiting to be used. It’s one of those items of clothing that never actually goes out of style so investing in a few basic ones is always a good idea. Styling your miniskirts, though, can be a little tricky. Because they’re so short, they have the tendency to look tacky when not worn right. If you’ve been stashing away your miniskirts at the back of your closet because you’re not sure how to go about wearing them, today’s the day you bust them out and rock them with confidence because in this post, we’ll be sharing some tips for wearing miniskirts without looking trashy. Enjoy!
- Look for the perfect length – the key to looking classy and chic in a miniskirt is to find one that has the perfect length. You’ll want your miniskirt to be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered even after you sit down or bend over. No micro miniskirts, please. Those are just way too reminiscent of the 90s when everyone thought wearing a skirt so skimpy was cute. Instead, look for a miniskirt that hits your legs about 3 to 5 inches above the knee.
- Pair it with a not-so-sexy top – you don’t want to go out looking like a showgirl, now, do you? When wearing a miniskirt, make sure to wear a top that’s not to sexy, racy or revealing. This will ensure that your outfit is well-balanced and not one bit over the top with the sexy vibe. Doing this will also help you not have too much going on in one outfit alone. Plain t-shirts, for example, are great with miniskirts because they’re simple and not sexy and they make your miniskirt stand out instead of competing with it for attention.
- Give miniskorts a try – if you’re someone who’s always active and on the go, you probably don’t wear that many miniskirts because you think they’re just plain inconvenient. At some point, though, I’m pretty sure you wished you could rock one without worrying that it’ll end up showing your tooshy and your hoo-ha without you even noticing. Fashion geniuses understand your struggle. You’re the very reason the miniskort was invented. It’s like having the practicality and comfort of wearing shorts and the chic stylishness of wearing a skirt.
- Keep the rest of your outfit simple – again, you don’t want to have too much going on in one outfit alone so if you’re wearing a miniskirt, make it the focal point of your outfit and keep the rest of your outfit simple and relatively conservative.
- Find ways to feel more confident in them – every single woman on this earth is entitled to wear a miniskirt and feel good about it so if it’s making your uncomfortable, find ways to get comfy with it! if you’re worried about it being too short (though that’s actually the whole point of it being called a miniskirt), you can always wear tights or cycling shorts underneath. If it makes you feel too girly and it’s not your style, man it up with a pair of heavy duty boots. Look for ways to make the miniskirt work for you. You’ll thank yourself for it.