Don’t you just love watching a good show where the characters aren’t only a source of entertainment but of fashion inspiration as well? I know I tend to gravitate more towards these kinds of films and shows just because the characters’ outfits are another thing to look forward to and I know lots of other girls (maybe even guys?) out there are the same. Because of this, I went ahead and compiled a list of stylish fictional characters that you can get style inspiration from on days when you just don’t have any. Check them out below.
- Olivia Pope (Scandal) – looking for fresh new style to rock at work? If you’re starting to run out of ideas on what to wear to the office, switch on the TV and tune into scandal, let your eyes graze for a while on Olivia Pope’s style. Olivia is the perfect epitome of a posh office girl. If you ever need style inspo for work, she’s your girl.
- Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games) – looking for some fashion inspiration for a sexy kickass look? Take a good look at Katniss Everdeen (played by JLaw) and you have yourself an abundance of what you need. Her style is perfect for surviving the wilderness in the film but even more perfect for casual looks with an edge for fall. Earth toned colors and lots of leather basically makes up this look and it’s worth copping.
- Cher Horowitz (Clueless)– everything from the 90s is starting to make a comeback and if you’re ever looking for some inspiration to up your style game, you don’t have to look any further than Cher Horowitz. Everything that screams the 90s, from velvet dresses to knee high socks with pleated skirts, can be found in Cher’s closet.
- Blair Waldorf (Gossip Girl) – of course, no list of fashionable fictional characters is complete without Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl. Blair’s GG wardrobe is a fashion inspiration gold mine for all the fashion-obsessed girls out there. Her style is super cute and is perfect for creating school outfits as well as for going to fancy, dressy, East Hampton-y parties.
- Holly Golightly (Breakfast at Tiffany’s) – the epitome of class, style and elegance, Holly Golightly, is everybody’s style inspiration when it comes to looking posh and chic.
- Jessica Day (New Girl) – need fashion inspiration for going vintage / retro? Well, in case Taylor Swift ain’t cutting it for you, you can get more retro fashion eye candy from watching adorkable Jess. Whoever picked Zooey Deschanel to play Jessica Day in this TV show couldn’t have done a better job as Jessica’s fashion sense doesn’t fall too far away from Zooey’s.
- Gabrielle Solis (Desperate Housewives) – form-fitting, body-hugging, figure-flattering clothes aren’t exactly what first comes to mind when we hear the word ‘housewife’ but Eva Longoria changed all that when she played Gabrielle ‘Gabbie’ Solis in Desperate Housewives.
- Rebecca Bloomwood (Confessions of a Shopaholic) – with so much clothes in her closet and even more that she can get her hands on using her credit card, you can bet on Becky to have a little bit of something for everyone.
- Elle Woods (Legally Blonde) – blondes are always so much fun as Reese Witherspoon proved in Legally Blonde and they’re quite cute and stylish too. If you’re the type who likes to dress up like Barbie, I’m sure you’ll see lots of fashion inspiration from Elle Woods.