Audrey Hepburn has always been one of every woman’s biggest fashion inspirations regardless of their age, race and background. She is one of the few women who truly and rightfully achieved the status of a style icon and for that, we will forever look up to her and take whatever style lessons we can from looking at her old photos and watching her old movies. Here are some style lessons from Aubrey Hepburn that we’ve learned over the years.
- BE EXPERIMENTAL – sure, Audrey has popularized the Little Black Dress and has often been spotted wearing one which lead many people to believe that this was her signature look but the truth is that Audrey Hepburn was just as experimental then as many of us fashionphiles are now. Stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new – be it on your hair, your clothes or your accessories – will help broaden your sense of style and might even help you land your new favorite look.
- BORROW FROM THE BOYS – this is one of the hottest trends today but it’s not actually a new trend at all. Audrey Hepburn’s been borrowing from the boys since the 50s and it is what gave her a very unique and interesting sense of style.
- INVEST IN A KILLER TOPPER – sometimes, all you really need to look like a million bucks is a good topper. Everyone – from Audrey Hepburn to Blake Lively – knows that. A stylish topper will come in handy on days when you want to look fab but don’t have much time to plan out an entire outfit. Just wear whatever you can wear and top it off with a jacket, a coat, a blazer or whatnot and you’re set and ready to go.
- WHEN IT COMES TO JEWELRY, LESS IS MORE – with all the crazy jewelry trends today, it’s so easy to get lost in your arsenal of accessories and just pile everything on and while that may be okay for everyday street style and casual looks, it certainly is the opposite of what you want to do when you’re going for a classic Audrey Hepburn inspired look. Remember that less is more and that you don’t always have to have a statement piece around.
- FIND A GOOD LBD – never underestimate the power of a good LBD – that’s one thing anyone can learn from Audrey Hepburn. A chic, stylish and versatile LBD that can take you anywhere from a quick but glamorous brunch out with your gal pals to happy hour to a nice dinner date with your man is a must.