A tulle skirt isn’t exactly what everyone would want to wear everyday because it’s more of a special events kind of piece than an everyday ordinary one. If you’re a brave and bold fashionista, though, you shouldn’t have a problem wearing tulle skirts with your everyday looks. There are so many looks you can create and so many ways you can incorporate a tulle skirt with your everyday outfits. Here are some street style ways to wear a tulle skirt that would make Carrie Bradshaw proud.
- Maxi tulle skirt – for a truly dramatic statement, opt for a maxi tulle skirt. You can wear it with a dressy top if you want an elegant and girly look or you can make a more fashion forward choice and wear it with something that has more of a street style look and vibe to it like a graphic shirt or a tank top. Crop tops are welcome, too, especially during a hot summer day.
- Conventional street style – it’s been said many times before on this blog: if you’re not sure how to wear something or if you need to dress down a rather fancy piece, the simplest way to give it a more casual vibe is to wear it with denim. Denim and tulle make an interesting combo because their textures vary greatly from each other. Try wearing a denim or chambray shirt along with a tulle skirt or wear any top you’d like with it and top it off with a denim jacket on colder days.
- Soft and girly – if you want to embrace the feminine elegance of a tulle skirt and you want to create a girly outfit with it, wearing it in a soft and light color is always the best way to go. You can choose any top you like to wear with it but I would personally suggest wearing something light and neutral in color as well to get the sophisticated minimalistic look that’s never too much for everyday looks.
- Sweet and sexy – for the perfect middle ground between looking sweet and sexy, try wearing your tulle skirt with something that has an edgy vibe like a leather jacket and maybe a pair of leather boots as well. This look is perfect for fall and winter because it will not just make you look stylish but will also keep you warm. You can also add studs and spikes somewhere in your outfit, perhaps in your accessories, if you want to take the edge up a notch and slightly have your outfit touch into the rocker chic look.
- Country princess – another awesome combination of looks to try is country and romantic. You can achieve this by wearing a plaid shirt with your tulle skirt. Go all out on the country by finishing off your outfit with cowboy boots of make it more feminine by sashaying on your favorite pair of heels. This look is super cute and chic and it’s super easy to pull off as well.