Shopping for the season’s latest and greatest is always fun but don’t you ever wish all the new looks and trends were wearable to the office since that’s where you spend most of your time anyway so you can get more use out of those new pieces? Luckily, this year’s trends are quite versatile and, with a few styling tricks up your sleeve, could be easy to sneak into the work place. Here are some street style summer staples you can wear to work.
- ALL WHITE ENSEMBLES – there are a million and one ways to wear white and that makes putting together an office ensemble a whole lot easier. Try a white shirt and blazer paired up with a white pencil skirt for a crisp, chic look or a white suit for something a bit more posh. You can also mix and match different shades of white if you think a monochromatic look would be too trend-y for the workplace.
- MAXI DRESSES – maxi dresses have been a staple summer street style piece in many fashionistas’ closets in the past few years and one of the best things about maxi dresses is that they’re so versatile, you can easily dress them up or dress them down, depending on the look you’re going for. For an office-appropriate look, you can dress up your maxi dress by pairing it up with heels, topping it off with a blazer or simply adding structure to the whole outfit.
- SHIRT DRESS – for a laidback look that’s not, in any way, too casual for the office, opt for a shirt dress. Shirt dresses are the perfect excuse to look effortlessly chic at work. Style it like you would a regular button down shirt or wear it just like you would wear a dress. Either way, you still get a look that’s chic and full of style.
- DENIM JACKET – the denim jacket makes a great addition to any street style summer look but can you wear it to the workplace as well? The answer depends on many things but mainly on what kind of dress code is called for in your workplace. For those who have a more lenient dress code, you can pull this off easily any time but for those who need to do more posh corporate-looking outfits, it’s best to reserve this for dress down Fridays.
- STRIPES – no summer wardrobe is complete without stripes in them. Whether it’s a striped top, a striped pair of pants, striped skirt – you just know you gotta have something with this print patternd for summer. This is super easy to incorporate into any look because it is not gimmicky at all and is actually rather neutral.