Rimmel’s Popular Lipstick – Airy Fairy Review
Now listen to me really talk. The only positive thing I can say for sure is that it isn’t drying compared to other drugstore lippies I’ve tried. I’m kinda bleh on this lippie because the color payoff comes out differently each time I wear it depending on my lip color for the day. You know…for us ladies with pigmented lips…those days when you’re cold and your lips are dark, or blah blah blah? Well, because it’s kind of mauvey, if you have pigmented lips, this probably isn’t a good lipstick for you. My lips are pretty pigmented and putting this on for the first time, it looked mauvey/light purple on my lips (as you can see in face picture 1). Ewwww. Then again, it was a pretty cold day and my lips were kinda darker. I had to layer a warmer colored lipglass on top for it to look somewhat pinker and less cool. And the smell is GROOSSS. It’s as if a piece of bubblegum and a flower scented candle had sex and their baby shitted candy-flowers and I rubbed its poop all over my lips. It’s a really strong smell, and it gives me a headache everytime I put it on! It does seem to go away after a few minutes, especially if I layer one of my MAC lipglosses over it. I’ve read that a few users seem to like to smell, and one of my good friends said she doesn’t even notice the smell. I’m not sure if I would repurchase this (mostly because of the smell). However, if your lips aren’t that pigmented and if you enjoy the disgusting smell of cheap plastic-y bubblegummy flowers (or let’s just say, not sensitive to smells at all), I think this would be a nice lippie for you.
- You’d like it if your lips aren’t that pigmented.
- You may like the bubblegummy-flowery smell or you may not notice the smell at all.
- Has okay lasting power.
- Applies smoothly & finish isn’t too matte or too shimmery.
- Lipstick is bipolar on me. Sometimes turns out ugly-purple but sometimes turns out a natural, decent pink.
- If your lips are pigmented, this lippie will make you look like you died out in Antarctica…unless that’s the look you’re going for.
- Have to layer an additional lipstick or lipgloss that has warmer undertones to avoid #2.
- If you’re sensitive to disgusting smells, you won’t wanna be rubbing this crap all over your lips.
- Smell may then cause permanent health and brain damage by inducing massive headaches and nausea.
That’s all folks!