The ponytail is one of the first hairstyles we’ve come to know about and master when we first started playing with our hair. It’s easy, it’s quick, it’s convenient and it’s an amazing way to keep hair away from your face to get a fresher, neater look. Despite all that, though, the ponytail tends to look boring over time, especially when you wear it always.
- THE BUN – whether it be the sock bun or the messy bun, a bun is one of the easiest and most popular hairstyles out there that always starts with a ponytail. It’s just as quick and easy and it’s just as good for keeping hair away from your face but it can give you a more polished and more formal look. You can also use a bun if you can’t seem to get a good grip of your locks while doing this.
- SIDE FISHTAIL – the side fishtail is one of my favorite spring and summer hairstyles and it’s also one of the many hairstyles that start out with a ponytail. Essentially, any side braid starts out with a ponytail but the fishtail braid is just much more exciting to look at and it’s super easy to do. You can also try doing the inverted fishtail for a more exciting look.
- THE ARIANA GRANDE – love Ariana Grande’s hairstyle? Create a half high ponytail, curl the ends and you have yourself a hairstyle that’s sure to catch the eyes and attention of on-lookers and people on the street. If you have fine hair, remember to tease it before anything else to add and create volume to your locks.
- CHIGNON – no matter how you style your chignon, one thing is for sure: it starts with a ponytail. The ponytail is the base of most chignons. If you want a truly sophisticated look to go with dressier outfits for more formal and proper events, this is the hairstyle you can go for. Add embellishments and other details as you please and you’re ready to go.
- BUBBLE TAIL – the bubble tail was one of the most popular hairstyles on the runway for fashion week shows this year. It’s a fun look that can really make your hair stand out. It looks super fabulous but it’s also super easy to do. All you need to do is start with a ponytail, tease the tail and then segment it into little ‘ball’ sections by tying an elastic.