Braids are great for dressing up your hair and giving it a more girly look but you can also use it to achieve a totally different look. There are lots of kinds of braids and you can modify them whatever way you want. You can incorporate your braids with a half updo or a full updo or just as a little embellishment to another hairstyle. Here are our 7 favorite braids from the red carpet. Check them out and try to recreate them on your hair.
- CARA DELEVINGNE UNDERCUT BRAID – here’s a super simple braid style from supermodel Cara Delevingne sported at the Elle Style Awards last year. This braid style gave the illusion of an undercut with Cara having to shave the side of her head. It’s a great braid style to do when you want to achieve a cool and edgy, fresh, hip look.
- SELENA GOMEZ TWIST ROPE FAUX HAWK BRAID – another edgy look made with braids is Selena Gomez’s 2013 MTV Movie Awards hairstyle. The ‘do gave the young singer a very punk-y look but with a feminine twist. The crown bump also gave the ‘do a bit of a retro vibe.
- BLAKE LIVELY CANNES 2014 – we love all of Blake’s braided ‘dos but this one from Cannes is 2014 really chic and sleek. It’s actually a really simple three-strand braid that’s chunky and done up into a ponytail – a refreshing break from her usual Boho style messy braids.
- EMMA STONE MET GALA 2014 – Emma Stone proves that you can rock a gorgeous braid even without long hair. The actress had her hair up in a cute little side twist braid during the Met Gala in 2014. The hairstyle was loose and a little unruly which gave Emma a very effortless look.
- EVA LONGORIA CANNES 2014 – another stunner on the Cannes 2014 red carpet was Eva Longoria in her blush colored gown. Aside from her outfit, though, another thing that caught our eyes was Eva’s hairstyle. The actress wore her hair in a messy, almost frizzy-like beachy braid. The texture on the ‘do made it look very unique and very sexy, too.
- NINA DOBREV TCA 2014 – during last year’s Teen’s Choice Awards, Nina Dobrev wowed us with a cute little outfit and an even cuter hairstyle. She had her hair in a very chunky rope twist braid which gave a very interesting texture to her hair.
- EMMA WATSON BLING RING PREMIERE – Emma Watson showed up at the Bling Ring premiere looking immaculate. The young star had her hair up in a braided updo that looks very overwhelming but also very pretty.