The colder seasons are almost among us and to fashionistas, that means a lot of things. It means it’s time to let go of cheerful and vibrant hues (save for the few ones you can wear to add a little something to liven up some looks) to give way to darker, richer and warmer colors. It also means it’s time to bust out our fall and winter accessories again. And, speaking of fall and winter accessories, one of the best things to start wearing now are scarves. Here are the top 5 list of must have scarves for fall and winter.
- FRINGE SCARF – start off your fall right by starting your wardrobe transition during the late summer days (a.k.a. now). One scarf that you can wear during this time is a light fringe scarf. We all know fringe is always huge during fall but they get pretty popular during the summer – late summer, that is – as well.
- OVERSIZED SCARF – an oversized scarf is a great accessory to add to your look on days when you feel like you need more volume or if you simply want to add more texture and a bit of drama to your outfit. It’s also a good thing to have on a chilly summer night or a cold fall / winter day.
- CHUNKY KNIT SCARF – chunky knits are a must have for every fashionista’s wardrobe every time fall and winter comes around. It’s a soft, cozy and it’s super warm, too. It may not be something that you would be able to wear even during the late summer but come fall, you’ll surely get a lot of use out of your chunky knits, especially a chunky knit scarf.
- INFINITY SCARF – for the ladies out there who are always on the go, an infinity scarf is a definite must have. Infinity scarves require minimal styling effort yet they add major chic vibes to any look. Just wear it over your neck for an instant hint of street style sophistication or style it as you would for even more style points.
- PLAID SCARF – during the colder months of fall and winter we tend to stick to darker and more neutral colors and this often results to a rather simple and, sometimes, dull and boring outfit. Add a splash of color to the usual fall / winter look by wearing a colorful plaid scarf. It’s a surefire way to get some color on without exactly losing the fall vibe in your look.