The Bohemian chic look has always been a favorite for fashionistas during the summer. This look is easy and laidback and it’s perfect for those who don’t like doing looks that are too sleek and structured. It’s rather free-flowing and often very effortless. It doesn’t require perfection which is a plus for busy women or for women who just appreciate more ‘natural’ looks. If you’re planning on sporting this look this season, check out these must have items for a Bohemian summer wardrobe.
- Flowy skirts– the Bohemian look has lots of movements to it, thanks to the easy breezy, light and summery pieces that make up the whole look. For the most part, the movement comes from the bottom piece so it’s important to choose a skirt that’s flouncy and flowy when building a Bohemian summer wardrobe. Maxi skirts would be the best choice for skirts but midis will look great as well as long as they’re not tight and restrictive.
- Chic maxi dresses – maxi dresses are another important must have for building a chic Bohemian summer wardrobe. Wear these on days when you’re too tired / lazy to mix and match several different pieces and you’re sure to still look fab and stylish.
- Gladiator sandals – though easy and laidback, the Bohemian look is never sloppy or ‘too casual’ which is why flip flops just don’t make the perfect footwear of choice for the look. Instead of wearing flip flops with your Bohemian outfits, you can wear gladiator sandals instead. They’re just as easy and as comfy as your flip flops but they’re more chic and polished.
- Tunic tops – if you’re doing separates for your Bohemian looks, it’s important to have lots of tunic tops (including peasant tops) in your summer wardrobe. These are very light and perfect for summer and for recreating Boho looks.
- Vests and light cardigans – the Bohemian look is never complete without the least bit of layering going on but since it’s summer, this might come off more as a challenge. A really clever way to add layers to your look without ending up soaked in sweat this summer is to simple add a vest or a very light and sheer cardigan. They’re not too heavy or too warm so they won’t leave you uncomfortable under the hot summer sun.
- Flared jeans – if skirts aren’t your forte, you can also wear jeans to complete your Bohemian look. Make sure you have a pair or two of flared jeans in your wardrobe if you plan on doing lots of Boho look for the summer.
- Head wraps and hair bands – Boho looks always look better with your hair down in loose waves but if that’s too plain for you, you can add head wraps or even those floral hair bands (that are so perfect and popular for summer music fests) on to make your hair look prettier.
- Floppy wide brim hats – for extra sun protection, you can add floppy wide brim hats to your Bohemian summer wardrobe as well. Hats like these add sophistication to a rather simple look.
- Chunky jewelry – lastly, to complete your Bohemian summer wardrobe, make sure you’re well stocked on chunky jewelry. Plastic ones may be super cute and colorful but try to limit your choices to wood and metal. These are more natural and earthy which is what the Boho look is all about.