A pool party is fun and it is one of the best ways to cool down on a hot summer day. Whether you’re throwing the pool party yourself or you’ve been invited by a friend as a guest to one of theirs, one thing is for sure: you want to do it in style. Looking great by the poolside is easy when you know what to wear. Since you’ll practically be bathing in the sun all day, there are a few things you can wear and / or bring that will not only protect you but also give you that fab look. Then, of course, there are some pieces you have to wear just for show. Check out these chic must have accessories for a pool party.
- FLOPPY, OVERSIZED HAT – a floppy oversized hat is the perfect accessory if you’re planning on sun bathing by the pool side for hours. It will protect your face and your hair from the heat of the sun and will also give you that posh, sophisticated look. If you’re looking for something that will make you look like a saucy Hamptonite, this is exactly what you need.
- CUTE AND COLORFUL FLIP FLOPS – your choice of footwear depends on the look you want to achieve. If you’re going for the fun, casual and laidback look, a pair of cute and colorful flip flops is a must. They’re perfect for poolside lounging because they’re comfy and they’re easy to put on and take off as well which means getting in and out of them before and after a dip is easy.
- SASSY, STRAPPY SANDALS – on the other hand, if you’re aiming for a dressier and more glam look, a pair of sassy, strappy sandals is what you need. Lace up flats would make great pool side footwear if you don’t plan on getting in and out of the pool and you just want to lounge around.
- STYLISH SHADES – protect your eyes from the harsh sun by wearing a pair of stylish sunglasses that flatter your face. If you’re not sure which styles can do this for you, you can opt for universally flattering designs like aviators and cat eye sunglasses.
- CHIC COVERUP – no pool party outfit is complete without a cute cover up. Choose one that will complement your swimsuit color and style. If you’re wearing a simple swimsuit, you can liven up your look by opting for a fun printed cover up.
- STATEMENT JEWELRY – a pool party is not the best time to sport your expensive jewelry so leave those at home and wear the fancy statement ones instead. This is so that you don’t ruin your good jewelry. Besides, you don’t need to be extra fancy for a pool party so those cutesy little pieces of jewelry from Forever 21 and similar stores would be great.
- CARRY ALL TOTE – bring the tropics with you to the pool party by lugging a cute little straw carry all tote around or go for something a little more trendy like a statement carry all so you can conveniently bring all your pool lounging essentials in style.