Hello Everyone! It’s been a while since my last post. I’ve been so busy with some stuff, but it’ll be over in a few weeks~ I hope.
Anyways, have I mentioned that I love to tight-line my small eyes? I can’t have a complete look without lining my eyes. Oh well, I love tightlining since it emphasizes the eyes without looking overly made up or having a harsh heavy look in daytime. It is an eyeliner technique where the liner is applied to the lash line also known as “Invisible Eyeliner”. And because it is so close to the lashline. I prefer a waterproof and smearproof products. I have tried Shu Uemura Gel liner, Mac Fluidline, Eyeliner Pencil set with an eyeshadow.. But at the end of the day, it always falls off the lining area giving me racoon eyes. It has been a real challenge to maintain my eyeliner throughout the day, but thanks to Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eyeliner together with Laura Mercier Activator, this challenge is no more.
Laura Mercier Tightline Activator mixes easily with Tightline Cake Eye Liner to form a paste for even application. It contains a unique polymer for a long-lasting effect and dries quickly for a lightweight finish.
Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner is an easy-to-use, cake eye liner that delivers long-lasting colour payoff that doesn’t fade throughout the day for flawlessly defined eyes. There are 6 smudge and transfer-resistant, true shade colors in Black Ebony, Charcoal Grey, Bleu Marine, Forest Green, Mahogany Brown and Plum Riche. The formula glides on the lash line smoothly and stays all day long.
There’s a tightline instruction slip with the activator.
Here are the swatches:
I’ve tried to remove the swatches twice with Loreal Eye make-up remover, and voila!
What I love:
- LM Tightlining technique makes my lashes look fuller and thicker.
- The cake eyeliner dries to its original form, ready for the next use. No need to worry about the product drying out before you finish it all.
- It’s not gooey or goopy- glides on smoothly without leaving any chunky or chalky bits.
- It has a great color-payoff.. intense yet wearable.
- It does not fade, budge, rub, run or smear.
- Very long lasting. indeed sweat and water proof.
- The activator makes a perfect texture~ as it dosn’t make a messy watercolor consistency with the cake liners. You only need a small drop of the activator and it’s ready to create a perfect line. A little goes a long way.
- It dosn’t irritate my eyes.
What I don’t love:
- The activator is sold separately. And I don’t find it cheap.
- The cake eyeliner is not so perfect with water. I have tried to use the sample cake liner with water- it creates a consistency like a watercolor paint, and it is less opaque and not as waterproof as when I use the activator.
- The activator feels a bit oilier to touch-yet it dries quickly while it produces an intense super smooth line that stays on all day.
For me, Laura Mercier Tightline cake eyeliner is the most controlled and easiest way to line the eyes~while having a vivid and precise application like a liquid eyeliner with the help of the activator. Thus, tightlining gives more defined eyes and lashes to look naturally fuller without racoon eyes.
Where to purchased and how much?
available at any Rustan’s Branch.
Laura Mercier Tightline Activator PHP 845 (approx $19)
Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eyeliner PHP 995 (approx $22)