Dresses, no matter what style, will always be a part of every girl’s wardrobe. Even if you’re not the girly girl who likes to wear dresses all the time, I’m pretty sure you still have a few couple of dresses sitting in your closet that you wear every now and then or at least for special occasions and events. If you’re on the mission to build a wardrobe that will have you looking chic at all times, check out these kinds of dresses every woman should have.
- SHEATH DRESS – on days when you don’t have much time to plan on what to wear to work, a good sheath dress is sure to come in handy. You’ll also be able to use it for interviews, meetings, business presentations or for when you just want to look extra polished on a regular work day. You can wear it on its own or throw on a blazer on top.
- MAXI DRESS – a maxi dress is a year round closet staple for any fashionable girl. In fact, if you have some extra cash to blow, why not get yourself a few couple of maxi dresses? You’re sure to be able to use them lots of times anyway. Maxi dresses are great for creating chic and laidback looks. For spring, they would look really cute with strappy sandals or gorgeous heels.
- DAY DRESS – a day dress could be anything that you can wear and turn to on days when you’re not sure how you want to style yourself or when you’re not sure about what to wear. It should be an easy go-to dress that’s cute, stylish and versatile. You’ll want to be able to wear it with any purse, any shoes, any jewelry and any accessory so be wise in picking one.
- SWEATER DRESS – you may think they’re only good for fall and winter but sweater dresses actually make great outfits for spring and summer casual date nights as well. Pair it up with cute low-profile sneakers or with a pair of those cute lace up shoes that are so on trend right now and you have yourself a look that Arianna Grande would kill for.
- FORMAL DRESS – of course, no girl should be without an elegant and sophisticated formal dress. You don’t have to have a closet full of it, obviously. One to three should be enough for a stylista on a budget but to make it work you have to choose very versatile colors and designs that you can mix and match with accessories to create different new looks each time.
- COCKTAIL DRESS – another must for every girl is a cute cocktail dress. You’ll be able to wear this to those posh parties you always get invited to or for nights out with the girls when you want to just look and feel extra fancy.
- LBD – cliché as it may sound, the last thing on our list is the LBD. What fashion-loving girl doesn’t have one anyway? An LBD should be stylish, versatile and sophisticated. Find the perfect one and you’re set for life.