Overalls are one of the looks from the 90s that are making a comeback as a new trend this year and, in case you haven’t already had your hands on these, it’s about time that you do. Overalls are perfect or adding just the right hint of utilitarian touch to your look. It’s also a fun way to put a unique spin on your summer outfit. Here are some tips and ideas on how to wear overalls.
- THROWBACK CHIC – throw it back to the nineties and pair up your overalls with plain white sneakers and a basic tee underneath. It’s a great way to achieve a rather unique look. If you want to go all out on the 90s vibe, maybe fold up the hem on your overalls a little bit, do the “one shoulder off” look or have a sweater tied up by your waist. It would also immensely help if you choose to wear denim overalls instead of any other fabric.
- SEXY SUMMER STYLE – now, on the other hand, if you’re aiming for a more modern look with your overalls for summer, why not try pairing them up with one of the season’s biggest trends that is the crop top? Crop tops underneath overalls just scream sexy utilitarian and it’s a look that you can wear on a nice and hot summer day. It’s chic, it’s super fab and super fresh.
- PRETTY AND PRINTED – plain denim overalls a tad to 90s for your liking? Put a more contemporary twist to this blast from the past by wearing it with fun prints. Printed anything is always a great way to make any outfit look more fun and interesting. It’s perfect for getting on the double print / print on print trend and it’s also a great way to liven up your look if you have nothing but a plain tee to wear underneath and you don’t want to end up with a plain and basic ensemble.
- LUXE LEATHER – if casual was never your style and you’re more of the posh – slash – glam – slash – sassy kind of fashionista, then perhaps you’ll enjoy leather overalls more than the denim ones. Leather overalls just have that nice, sophisticated feel to them and it takes so much of that 90s feel away from the piece.
- OVERALL SKIRT – and, if you’re more of the girly type and you prefer skirts over shorts and pants, you can always opt for an overall skirt instead. They’re perfect for those who just want to embrace their feminine side and look ultra chic.