Mules are making a comeback from the 90s but this time around, they’re getting a chicer and more fabulous look. If you don’t already have at least one pair, I suggest you go right now and get your hands on them because they’re going to be one of spring’s hottest staples this year. Now, if you’re thinking there’s no way you can pull off mules without looking like you’re stuck in the 90s in this day and age, think again. Here are some tips and ideas on how to wear mules.
- BLACK TO BASIC – there’s really no way you could go wrong with a pair of black shoes, be it stilettos or mules. If you’re in doubt that you can pull off attention grabbing shoes like mules, you can always start out with a black pair. It’s going to be less of a statement piece but it’s still going to give your outfit a different look that’s fresh and chic.
- PEEP TOE – mules tend to have a rather dressed up look and feel to them and if you’re going for an easier, more casual and more laidback vibe, they may not be the kind of shoes you would usually reach for. Peep toes, on the other hand seem very carefree. Combine the two together and you have a pair that’s gorgeously stunning and perfect for daytime casual and street style looks.
- FLAT MULES – another way to lend a casual and more relaxed look to mules is to wear them flat. Flat mules have a very spring / summer-y look to them. You can wear them for quick errands as well as on days when you don’t feel like dressing up too much but you still want to look posh and stylish.
- POWER MULES – power dressing never fails to make any woman feel sexy and confident and if you’re looking for a piece to make your power dressing look more exciting and a little edgy as well, go for mules. Think pointy toe mules and sexy lace ups. These are definitely going to help you command everyone’s attention, be it at the office or outside.
- RETRO FLARE – mules may be from the 90s and they’re already retro on their own, you can still add more of the retro vibe to it, say 60s or 70s, by going for pairs with designs that feature either chunky heels or kitten heels.