Lace is such a beautiful fabric. It’s very elegant and classy and it’s really good for adding that girly, feminine touch to your look. Lately, lace has been all the rage in fashion and we’re seeing so many pretty pieces that feature lace that make us fall in love with them over and over again, especially the ones that look so beautifully crafted. A lot of women, though, feel that lace is something they should only wear during special events and occasions and that is totally not true. To prove that, here are some outfit ideas on how to wear lace, not just for special occasions but for everyday ordinary, casual and street style looks as well.
- Lace shorts – here’s one of the easiest ways to wear lace for your everyday casual or street style looks: wear lace shorts. Lace shorts are pretty and they’re great for summer because they’re light and breezy. You can wear these with anything from a simple t-shirt to a dressy top to get that feminine look. They’re also perfect for adding a romantic vibe to your outfit, especially those that you wear on casual daytime dates.
- Soft, sweet and simple – if you consider yourself more of a minimalist and you’re looking for a really simple way to wear lace, I would suggest wearing it in soft neutral colors and pairing it wit other neutral colored items as well. This look is super easy to pull off and is wearable on a daily basis. it’s easy to pull off and you’re sure to look sweet and stylish in it.
- Leather and lace – lace and leather are one of the sexiest combinations you can make for a chic outfit. Wearing leather with lace is a sure fire way to get a look that perfectly combines sweet, sexy and edgy all into one. Combinations are endless, of course, but my personal favorite would have to be a lace dress topped off with a leather jacket and finished off with a pair of leather ankle booties. This particular outfit combination just screams Bond Girl to me and I’ve seen it countless times and loved it every time.
- In dark colors – since lace has a very soft and sweet look, getting it to look sultry and sexy can be quite a bit of a task. One really easy way to do this, however, is to wear lace in darker colors like black, deep plum / purple, navy blue and such. The contrast between the dark lace fabric and your skin that peeps through the sheer spots on lace will create a very alluring and seductive look that’s still elegant and graceful.
- Denim and lace – think lace is too fancy for everyday wear? Well, think again! We all know how denim is the ultimate casual fabric so why not wear it with lace? After all, wearing fancy items and fabrics with denim is one of the easiest ways to give the latter a more relaxed and casual vibe. Try pairing a lace top with jeans or wearing denim / chambray shirt with your lace shorts. The result is a casual yet chic and classy look that you’ll surely love.