Kitten heels are back and they’re even better than before. We’ve been seeing these babies on lots of style stars for a while now and we knew it would only take a while before they hit the mainstream. If you’re looking for a more comfortable alternative to heels that aren’t as casual as flats then kitten heels are definitely for you. Kitten heels are no taller than 2 inches so they won’t be as painful to walk on but they still have that nice, posh look and feel to them that heels have. If you’re thinking of getting yourself a pair soon, check out these tips and ideas on how to wear kitten heels.
- NUDE – if you’re worried that kitten heels aren’t going to make you look as tall as full on heels will, just go for a nude pair. Make sure that the shade of nude you get is close to your skin tone so that it creates an illusion of longer legs thus making you look taller. This trick works for most kinds of shoes and they work best with pointy toe shoes.
- NEUTRAL – and if you think pulling off kitten heels is going to be a little too tricky for you, you can always start with the basics. Get your first pair of kitten heels in a neutral color like black, white or brown. This will make it easier for you to mix and match your kitten heels with other pieces from your wardrobe.
- RETRO – kitten heels are perfect for creating looks with a retro flare andif you’re looking for some style and outfit inspiration then look no further than Taylor Swift. Think her retro style is a little much and want something with a bit more of a sexy twist? Take inspiration from Dita von Teese instead. her style is the perfect combination of retro with a sexy twist.
- KITTEN BOOTIES – give the old kitten heel a fan new twist. Instead of wearing the usual and traditional kitten heels, get yourself a pair of boots with kitten heels instead. It’s a great way to add some character to your look, be it for winter or any other season.
- GIRLY – got gorgeous gams to show off? Pair up your kitten heels with a nice little dress to get a look that’s dainty and girly. This is great if you don’t want to add the least bit of a sexy vibe to your look.