Crochet today is no longer just what your grandma made you for Christmas or your birthday. It’s so much more stylish and wearable and, with so many new designers banking on crochet this summer, I’m sure you’ll find a piece that you’ll love to wear and have in every color available. If you’re excited about the coming season as I am and you’re wondering how you can incorporate this to your everyday looks, check out these tips and ideas on how to wear crochet for summer.
- CROCHET DRESS – crochet dresses are perfect for summer. They’re light and airy and they’re super chic and on trend as well. White crochet dresses are perfect for achieving that relaxed, casual summer vibe. Pair it up with lace up flats and you have yourself the chicest outfit you can wear all summer long. if you feel that a crochet dress doesn’t offer enough coverage, you can always wear a long cami underneath.
- CROCHET COVER UP – summer isn’t summer without a trip to the beach and we all know that most of the time spent at the beach isn’t spent in the water but rather somewhere else – the bar, the shore, the sun beds – just lounging around and hanging out and if you’re looking for something you can wear on top of your bikini during these chill times, a crochet cover up might just be what you need.
- CROCHET TOP – if you don’t think you can pull off wearing crochet from head to toe as in a crochet dress or a crochet cover up, why not try wearing a crochet top? Crocheted crop tops are perfect for summer but so are regular ones. Pair them up with denim shorts for a nice and easy look or with leather bottoms for a slightly edgier look.
- CROCHET BIKINI – another crocheted piece you can wear to the beach if you don’t plan on swimming at all (though you can totally swim in it, too) is a crochet bikini. It’s a great way to wear crochet for the summer and an even better way to look both sweet and sexy at the same time.
- CROCHET SKIRT – crocheted clothes often have a very feminine pattern on them and if you’re the type who likes to embrace and sport girly looks, a crochet skirt is going to be perfect for you. Wear it with a light shirt for a lazy afternoon look or with a chic little denim jacket or chambray top for a classic summer combo.