When thinking of summer fashion, what colors come to your mind? I always associate summer fashion with white as well as all the bright and fun colors and I know a lot of you do, too. These colors are what we’re used to seeing come summertime, no matter what trends arise so it’s easy to remember summer along with them. Black, however, is a color that many of us least associate with summer. Because of its heat-absorbing properties, black clothes are usually reserved for colder seasons like fall and winter. That doesn’t mean, though, that you can’t wear black in summer. There are plenty of ways that you can wear this color and not drown in sweat under the hot summer sun. Here are some outfit ideas to help you out on how to wear all black in the summer.
- Go light – if you’re planning on wearing an all black outfit this summer, a useful tip that I could give you so you don’t end up being drenched in sweat is to choose clothes in black that are made of light and breathable fabric. Avoid wearing anything too heavy or thick, especially tops, so you don’t get too hot out.
- Wear dresses – dresses are the best and easiest way to wear any color from head to toe, especially in the summer. To make sure you don’t get too hot, choose a dress made of light fabric. You can also opt for sleeveless and shorter ones so you can keep cool while outdoors. Pair your black dresses with black shoes and you’re good for the day.
- Pair up crop top and black bottoms – want something cute and black for your summer street style looks? How about pairing black bottoms along with black a black crop top? Crop tops are always great for summer and so are shorts but you can also wear your crop tops with black skirts, denims or even skorts. Wearing both pieces together in black gives these outfit combos a nice hint of sophistication, too. You can choose to finish it off with a pair of black heels for a fiercer look or you can keep it easy and laidback with black flats instead.
- Try jumpsuits and rompers – another really easy and fabulous way to wear all black this summer is to sport a black jumpsuit. A plain black jumpsuit would be a perfect alternative to a fancy dress for special events and occasions. Just accessorize it with gold or silver accents and jewelry and you have yourself a sexy and sophisticated summer look in black. You can also opt for a romper if you want something more casual and laidback.
- Printed – finally, if you think that wearing just plain and solid black from head to toe is no fun for summer, you can try wearing printed black pieces instead. Floral, stripes, polka dots, chevron – all these are just some of the most popular prints for summer you can wear in black. This is also a great idea if you want to add in a tiny pop of color to your all black outfit.