A statement necklace is the perfect accessory for dressing up a simple dress or top without looking like you’re trying too hard. Now, there are lots of different styles and designs for statement necklaces and choosing which ones to buy / wear will depend on what outfit / clothes you will be wearing them with. In case you haven’t jumped on the bandwagon yet (and you really have to, trust me), check out these tips on how to wear a statement necklace.
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE – if your goal is to use your statement necklace to simply liven up and brighten up a plain top / dress, take the minimalistic route and wear it plain and simple. This means to wear your statement necklace with either no other jewelry or with very minimal jewelry like stud earrings or dainty chain bracelets.
- GLITZ AND GLAM – on the other hand, if you’re all about the bling and you want to go all out on the glitz and glam, you can always opt for a statement necklace with really big and chunky bling or those that are really huge and heavy. These are perfect for completing your outfit for the night. You can also mix and match them with other accessories and maybe even create an arm party to go along with it.
- SLEEK AND EDGY – want to get that Rihanna-ish vibe to your look? Simply add a nice statement necklace with a sleek and edgy look to it and you’ll be good to go. Spiked chokers would make a great choice but this statement necklace with geometrical design details (see below) and the likes of it would get the job done just as well.
- LAYERED TO PERFECTION – got a few cute little necklaces that you think would look great when stacked up on top of each other? Well, then why not go ahead and layer them up to create a unique look and a one-of-a-kind statement necklace.
- BOHO BABE – if your style leans more on the Boho side, go for statement necklaces made of chunky wooden beads or clunky metals. Mix this up with other natural elements like gold and silver and you have yourself a gorgeous combo that’s sure to spruce up any look.
- COLLAR CRAZE – some statement necklaces are best worn under the collar of a shirt. The Peter Pan style statement necklace is one of them but anything rather short in general can be worn this way, too. Wearing a necklace this way is perfect for adding more flare to your everyday office look, especially when you don’t want too much going on in your look but still want something to catch people’s attentions.