A scarf is not exactly something that would first come to mind if you’re looking for a summer accessory but that doesn’t mean you can’t wear one during this time of the year. Though they’re usually deemed more as fall and winter staples, you may very well wear a scarf during the warmer months of summer and it doesn’t have to be uncomfortable at all. Here are some tips and ideas o how to wear a scarf in summer.
- AS A BAG ACCENT – just because it’s meant to be draped around your neck doesn’t mean you can’t wear it any other way. If it’s too hot outside for a scarf, why not use your scarf as a bag accent instead? This works only for lighter scarves and not the chunky ones. Pick out a colorful scarf, tie it around the handle of your purse and see it go from boring to amazing in an instant.
- WEAR IT ON YOUR HAIR – another way to use your scarf if you don’t want it around your neck is to wear it on your hair. You can wear it like a bandana or you can also wear it like a headband. If you’re really creative, you can also turn your scarf into a turban for a chic and breezy summer look. Want to dress up your ponytail? Just tie a scarf around it!
- LIGHT AND SHEER – on the other hand, if you really feel like draping a scarf around your neck, say for a chilly summer night out with your man or your friends, make sure you pick out a light and sheer scarf so that it won’t leave you sweating bullets.
- LIKE A COVERUP – heading to the beach but can’t find your cover up? Grab a scarf and go! Scarves make great makeshift beach cover-ups. You can fashion one into a dress to go on top of your swimsuit or just wrap it around your waist like a sarong skirt for a sexier option.
- AS YOUR POP OF COLOR – summer is the time when we say goodbye to dark, dull and dreary colors from fall and winter and hello to bright, bold and vibrant colors and if you’re still overwhelmed by all these colors, it’s best to take one step at a time. You can start small by creating a neutral outfit and adding pops of color throughout the look and a nice summer scarf would be perfect for that.