Denim shorts are a summer staple for most women which is why it’s uncommon that many of us have tons of denim shorts lying at the back of our closets sitting unused. If you’re on a tight budget and you want to spruce up your wardrobe, why not DIY your denim shorts and breathe new life into them? There are so many ways to style denim shorts, whether new or old. If you have a few couple of pairs that you haven’t used in a while, check out these outfit ideas on how to style denim shorts.
- Cuffed – one of the many ways that I see women style their denim shorts is by cuffing it by the hem. Doing this creates that messy, undone look that’s ever so sexy. Try wearing your cuffed denim shorts with a plain shirt or a dressy top so you can see just how versatile this style is. If you’ve just cut up a pair of jeans and turned them into shorts and you don’t know how to sew, cuffing them is also one great way to finish off your DIY denim shorts (until you find someone who can sew them, that is).
- Embroidered – most denim shorts look the same – their either dark wash or light wash and if you have the same ol’ regular style, it won’t be long before you start to realize how similar all your denim shorts look. To give a pair of denim shorts some personality and make it stand out from the bunch, why not try adding embroidered details on them? Embroidered pieces are on trend for summer this year anyway so why not get in on the trend, right? Don’t know how to do a DIY embroidery design? If you can’t get anyone else to do it for you as well, you can always cheat your way to cuter denims shorts by buying those cute embroidered patches that you simply sew on.
- Studded – another way to give your shorts some attitude is to adorn them with studs (and maybe even spikes if you like). This look is perfect for those cool chicks who love to sport a good rock and roll inspired look. Adding studs to your denim shorts makes them look cooler. It’s easy to do and it’s super inexpensive as well.
- Distressed – want to create a street style look that’s sure to kick ass? If you have a pair of denim shorts that’s either stained or faded, don’t throw it away just yet! Instead, distress it to create a great street style piece that you can wear any day. Wear it with a graphic shirt or a leather jacket and let the badass chick inside you come out!
- Sequined – do you have an old pair of denim shorts that has started looking drab over the past few years because of being stored for such a long time at the back of your closet? Bring back its luster and sew on some sequins to create your very own denim party shorts! This style is perfect to go with any clubbing / party top and is sure to turn heads at any party.