A plain and simple outfit can turn into something fab and elegant if you know how to layer or accessorize. One good piece to invest in if you like wearing basic outfits is a plain white top. A plain white top can be worn on its own for a minimalistic look or you can accessorize it and add different layers to get a different style or a more complex look. If there’s anything worth spending money on, I would say it’s stocking up on white tops. Here are a few ideas on how to style a simple white top.
- Cool and casual– one of the most basic and common yet also one of the most gorgeous ways to wear a crisp white top is to pair it up with jeans. A simple white top paired with jeans makes for a great casual outfit. You can also switch your regular jeans up with boyfriend jeans for a more polished street style kind of look. This outfit idea is super versatile and can be worn just about anywhere and anytime.
- Office chic – ever wonder how you can upgrade the look of a simple white top so you can wear it to the office? How about wearing it with a figure – flattering pencil skirt? This combo alone is chic enough to be worn to the workplace but if you want to polish it up a bit more, you can always wear a blazer on top of your white top since, as we all know, a blazer instantly gives any look that ‘business-y’ vibe.
- Summer sophistication – another really awesome way to style a simple white top is to create a sophisticated summer look by wearing it with denim shorts. This look is sexy, classy and perfect for summertime as well though you can always modify it and wear it for spring, too. Add bright pops of color to this look through your accessories to make it more fun and summery.
- Timeless style – if you’re looking for a foolproof way to style a simple white top and create a beautiful outfit, try going for the timeless black and white combo. Wear your white top with black bottoms (it could be a skirt, pants, shorts or whatever you like) and put on a mixture of both black and white accessories to complete the look. You can also add gold or silver accessories to the mix for a more sophisticated take on the look.
- Pure and simple – are you more of a minimalist looking for ways to style a simple white top? There’s really no need to look any further because you can simply pair your white top with white bottoms to get a pure and simple look. Finish off the look with white accessories as well to get flawless head to toe white perfection.
- Playful and colorful – can’t stand wearing just white? Then perhaps you could use your white top as a blank canvass instead and pair it up with the brightest, loudest colors you have in your closet to get a fun and playful look.