If you’re looking for a way to make your wardrobe more feminine, adding a few couple of skirts might just be what you need to do. There are a ton of different skirt styles that you can choose from and, if you’re lucky, you might find a few that will flatter your figure to no end. Midi skirts are a great example of this. They’re the perfect length and they’re universally flattering which makes them so easy to wear. Here are a few tips on how to master the midi skirt.
- Find the right silhouette – midi skirts are the perfect length for anyone who’s not into maxi or miniskirts. With that taken care of, all you need to do is just find the perfect silhouette for your body type. Pencil skirts are great if you want to highlight your curves. If you need to create the illusion of curves, a fit and flare style skirt or an A-line is what you need.
- Wear interesting designs – sometimes, because of their length, midi skirts tend to give off an old lady-ish kind of vibe so to counter that, you’ll want to make sure that yours has a fun and chic design. Look for cute details, trendy cuts, or fabulous prints that you can wear with simple tops.
- Alter as necessary – just because they’re midi doesn’t mean you can’t touch the length and make it even more flattering for you. A good midi skirt is one that hits either on the skinniest part of your calf or an inch or two below the knee. If, however, you have slender legs, any length that you feel comfy with is okay.
- Wear the right shoes – the right shoes can make all the difference in the world when you’re wearing a midi skirt. Look for shoe styles that will elongate your legs and avoid those that will make them short and stump. Those with ankle straps are generally the ones that tend to do the latter.
- Play with proportion – just because the midi skirt has a rather modest cut to it doesn’t mean you can’t look sexy and show a bit of skin. Play with proportions if you want to achieve a chic and trendy look that’s hot and fabulous. Try pairing your midi with a crop top, a bralette, or a bandeau or any other top that gives off a sexy vibe.
- Explore different styles – pleated, full, asymmetrical, scallop-hemmed, layered, tiered – these are just some of the cutest, most stylish midi skirt styles you’ll find and exploring these different styles can help you master the art of the midi skirt and wear it better with more confidence.