Today’s lifestyle for many young, urban professional seems to be the same: long hours at work and short hours for everything else, including sleep. Getting some shut eye is important in maintaining good looking skin but I know that not everyone has the luxury of getting full hours of sleep every day but that doesn’t mean it has to always show. Simply making your eyes look bigger can instantly help you fake restful nights. Here are some tips on how to make your eyes look bigger and more awake.
- GET RID OF PUFFY EYES – the first thing you’ll want to do when trying to make your eyes look bigger and more awake is to get rid of the puffiness. Now, there are plenty of ways to go about doing this and it all depends on how much time you have on your hands. If you’ve got plenty, try the chilled cucumber on each eye technique but if you’re in a rush and would like to do this as quickly as possible, just get yourself those de-puffing rollers from Garnier (or whatever brand you prefer) and you’re good to go.
- CURL YOUR LASHES AND WEAR MASCARA – curling your lashes and wearing mascara not only makes your eyes look prettier, it opens your eyes and makes them look bigger and more awake as well. When curling your lashes, try to grab every single hair possible to ensure an even look. Limit your mascara to a maximum of 2 coats to avoid clumpy lashes and to maintain a natural look.
- DO NOT CLOSE OFF YOUR EYES WITH LINER – using eyeliner to frame your eyes is a great idea but be sure not to entirely close them off by lining the entire lower lash line. Go about ¾ of the way in and stop then smudge it a little to the inner ¼ to subtly line it without closing it off.
- WEAR WHITE LINER ON YOUR LOWER LID – another trick to make your eyes look bigger is to wear white liner on your lower lids. This opens up the eyes, too, and makes them look bigger. If you want something a little subtler, you can opt for shimmery flesh colored liner instead.
- DAB WHITE ON THE INNER CORNERS OF YOUR EYES – if lining the lower lid is not your thing, another option would be to dab on white eyeliner to the inner corner of your eyes. Do this very lightly to achieve big doll-like eyes.