Sweatpants may be the last thing on your mind if you’re aiming for a look that’s chic and fabulous but, trust me, there is a way to look super gorgeous in a pair of sweatpants. Of course, to pull this off successfully and stylishly, you have to have the right pieces in your wardrobe. Here are some tips and ideas on how to make sweatpants look chic.
- WEAR THEM PRINTED – plain sweatpants are super easy to wear but they also easily give off more of that lounge-y look. If you’re aiming for a dressier look, you’ll want to avoid the regular sweatpants and opt for something a little different like a printed pair. Anchor it up with a plain top for a casual but chic look or with a printed top for a bolder outfit that’s sure to turn heads and catch the eye.
- JOGGER STYLE – if you’re not a big fan of the loose silhouette of classic sweatpants, you might want to take a look at jogger pants instead. Jogger pants are basically sweatpants with a better fit. They’re made with the athletic fashionista in mind and though many wear this more with street style outfits than workout ensembles, there’s no rule that says you can’t do that. Jogger pants are great because they go well with just about any look.
- OPT FOR A LUXE FABRIC – another way to take away the lounge-y look and feel of sweatpants is to opt for luxe fabrics like leather instead of the usual cotton or fleece. Doing this adds more of that posh vibe to your look and makes sweatpants look dressier. This also makes pairing up your sweatpants with basic pieces like t-shirts and sneakers without looking like you just rolled out of bed a lot easier.
- TAKE THE MINIMALISTIC APPROACH – if you don’t mind looking a little lounge-y, though, and all you’re really aiming for is a casual look that’s both comfy and chic at the same time, just go on ahead and wear your sweatpants with basic pieces like a tee or a sweater. Accessorize well and get a little glam with your hair and makeup to make the outfit look intentional instead of sloppy and lazy.
- GO STREET STYLE – give your good ol’ sweatpants a chic and edgy vibe by wearing it street style. Pair it up with a crop top and some serious kicks for some serious summer style or try wearing it with a denim or chambray top for a casual and relaxed look.