Sometimes, it’s easy to get swayed by the latest looks and the hottest trends. Often, too, we blow up a ridiculous amount of cash just to get in on the latest in the fashion world. If you’re someone who makes way more than what you actually need, that’s fine. If you’re someone whose on a very tight budget, though, it’s not. You don’t need to keep up with every single trend that comes up and you don’t always need a new piece of clothing item to look fab. Here are some tips on how to look chic and stylish using what you already have.
- TRY DIFFERENT COMBOS – there are pieces in your wardrobe that you’re used to wearing with certain other pieces because the combo has been tried and tested to give you a chic look every single time but if you’re looking for a way to achieve a new look without buying new clothes, try mixing and matching different pieces from your wardrobe. A new combo could mean a new look if you switch and mix and match right.
- STYLE YOUR PIECES IN DIFFERENT WAYS – styling your favorite pieces in different ways can help give them a new look. Roll up your sleeves one day and let them down the next. You can also cuff your favorite pair of jeans to different lengths for different looks or knot that button down so you can use it outside the office. Instead of wearing a blazer the usual way, drape them over your shoulders. Look for new ways to wear old pieces.
- ACCESSORIZE – accessorizing can bring your outfit to a whole new level. Wear different sets of accessories with the same set to get a new look each time. Adding accessories like belts, hats and scarves helps a lot, too, especially when you’re looking for new ways to glam up an old look.
- ADD LAYERS – layering is a styling technique that can give you a super chic and fabulous outfit. It’s a great way to mix and match old pieces to come up with something new. In the summer, layer lighter pieces to keep your look comfy. Reserve the heavier and chunkier ones for fall and winter layering.
- BORROW OR SWAP – why buy when you can borrow? If you have a sister, lucky you! You have someone to borrow from and/or swap pieces with and coming up with new looks is easy as pie. If you don’t have a sister, you can do this with close friends, too. Host a clothes swapping party at home. It’s a fun way to bond and a practical way to get new stuff without spending.