Having fine hair can be a little difficult to deal with because you’re constantly having to look for ways to make your hair look fuller and more lively. Big hair is sexy, especially when it’s styled right. If your hair isn’t exactly very voluminous, check out these tips and tricks on how to give fine hair a volume boost.
- TEASE IT – teasing or back combing your hair is a great way to give it lots of volume when styling it, especially when you’re doing an updo and you want to add volume to your crown. Remember, though, that teasing your hair too often may cause it to break so try not to do it every day or at least make sure you’re doing something to strengthen your hair if you choose to do this with your hair regularly.
- CHANGE UP YOUR SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER – if regular shampoo and conditioner is just not cutting it for you anymore, it’s time to switch. There are lots of volumizing shampoos and conditioners you’ll find at the drugstore that will work wonders on your hair. If you’re not sure what to get, you can start off by reading the labels. Look for ‘panthenol’ in the ingredients. This is what gives hair loads of volume.
- BLOW DRY IT RIGHT – the way you blow dry your hair can make a huge difference. To make sure you get a volume boost for your fine hair, blow dry your hair while it’s wet and when it gets about 60% damp, flip your head upright and continue blowing while picking up hair by the roots.
- MOUSSE IT UP – people tend to skip on the mousse at the drugstore because they think it’s too old school and while that may be true, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t work. Mousse is one of the best ways to add volume to your hair. Apply some on damp hair before blow drying for extra volume boost.
- GO BACK TO USING ROLLERS – speaking of old school, another trick from the past that you can still use today to get more volume on fine hair is to use rollers instead of any other heat styling tool. Rollers are great. Just stick them in your hair and you can go about doing your makeup, outfit, breakfast and other stuff then just take it off and you’re good to go.
- USE VOLUMIZING HAIR PRODUCTS – aside from shampoo and conditioner, there are lots of other hair products that you can use to give your hair a more voluminous look. Take advantage of these to help you achieve bigger hair without going bust.