Having naturally sleek, straight hair can be a blessing but sometimes, you can’t help but get bored of the same old hairstyles that you can do with it. Straight hair also tends to be more limp and lifeless which is why adding some texture and volume is essential to make it look lively. Thankfully, anyone can now purchase a curling wand / curling iron to give straight hair a new look. If you love curling your hair, check out these tips on how to get the best curls of your life.
- Don’t mind washing your hair – yes, you read that right. Second- or even third-day hair holds curls so much better than freshly washed and dried hair. If you’re planning on having your hair curled on a certain day, wash it a day or two before and let the natural oils in your hair do the work for you.
- Always section off hair – if you have thick hair, you may find curling to be a very tedious job. The key to successfully and beautifully curling straight hair like a pro is to section off your locks before you start. Depending on how thick your hair is, you can section off your tresses anywhere between 6 to 8 parts. Start from the top and work your way down , one section at a time for evenly curled hair.
- Clean your tools – before you start using your curling wand or curling iron, make sure that you wipe it with a damp cloth and then let it dry a bit. This will get rid of any product build that may be present on your tools and preventing efficient heating.
- Aid your curls with bobby pins – this is a really neat trick that makes curls last all day long. It’s a bit time consuming but so totally worth it. After curling a part of your hair, roll the curls up around your finger and pin it to your head with a bobby pin. Do this for every part that you curl and once you’re done, spray with a generous amount of hairspray and release the curls one by one.
- Finger-comb your hair – after you’re done curling your hair, make sure to finger comb through it once or twice to loosen the curls and get a more gorgeous, natural look. Set your curls with hairspray afterwards and you’re done!