Dressing up for work can sometimes be a bore, especially when you work somewhere where the dress code is strict and corporate. What you wear to work greatly reflects you so you should always make sure that you look, at the very least, decent and fab. Knowing that you look good in what you’re wearing can help boost your performance too since you’ll be more confident about yourself. Your work wardrobe should be stylish, functional and professional-looking. Build a work wardrobe like this and you’ll never have to worry about making a good impression on your co-workers, bosses and clients. Don’t know where to start? Check out these tips on how to be the best dressed employee at the workplace.
- Wear a blazer – topping off your outfits with a blazer may not seem like much but it makes a huge difference in your look. Adding a blazer to your work outfit gives it a more business-y and professional vibe. You can also use a blazer to dress up a rather casual outfit that you want to wear to the office. If you’ve just started building your work wardrobe, don’t forget to throw a few couple blazers in there. You’ll be glad you did when the time comes and you’re pressed for time but still need to look good for work.
- Try a skirt suit – need to look posh and fierce on a certain day at the work place? Instead of your regular workplace look, why not try wearing a skirt suit instead? Skirt suits have a strong impact. They make you look like you mean real business and they’re perfect if you need to impress your boss or a client. Skirt suits also tend to make you feel more empowered and confident and they’re not that difficult to pull off either so you don’t need much to rock one.
- Accessorize well – those plastic fancy jewelry may look chic and hip but they have no place in your work wardrobe. When choosing what accessories to wear with your work outfits, make sure that you choose those that are elegant and timeless like pearl earrings or necklaces, diamond stud earrings and dainty bracelets. A nice timepiece would be nice, too. Don’t stack your jewelry. Leave that for casual and street style outfits instead. When accessorizing for the workplace, remember that less is more.
- Pop of color – bright colors are great but not all of the are exactly workplace friendly. Most women build their work wardrobe with basic and neutral – colored pieces and if that’s how you built yours too, it’s fine. To keep your outfits from looking too monotonous and monochromatic, though, try to add a pop of color here and there. Wear bright – colored shoes, carry a fun and colorful purse or wear a chic printed scarf around your neck – these are just some of the subtle ways you can add a pop of color to your outfit.
- Don’t forget to wear heels – heels always have the tendency to make you feel good but aside from that, they also give your outfit that ‘oomph’ it needs to look fierce. Finish off your outfit with heels but bring flats along so you can give your feet a break while they’re hidden underneath your desk then just slip into your heels when you need to leave the table.