Getting engaged to the love of your life and knowing that you’ll be spending the rest of your life with him soon is one of the most exciting moments you’ll ever have. Often, this milestone in life is marked and symbolized by one thing that all women dream of: a gorgeous ring. However, having a ring on your finger is not always convenient, especially if you use your hands a lot. That shiny rock can get dull real easy if you don’t take good care of it. If this is one of your concerns, perhaps you should consider getting a tattoo for your engagement. A tattoo is permanent and it’s definitely easier to wear and maintain compared to a ring. Here are some cute couple tattoo ideas to replace engagement rings.
- KING AND QUEEN – you’re the King and Queen of hearts so why not get a tattoo that says just that? Get it in red, just like those in playing cards or in black if you want it simple and subtle. You can also opt to get the King and Queen of Diamonds if that’s what you like better, it all depends on you. Another option is to get crowns tattooed instead of “K” and “Q” or maybe even the image of the King and Queen chess pieces if chess is a game you both enjoy.
- DATES – are you the sentimental type of couple? Perhaps a small tattoo to commemorate your engagement is something that you could consider getting done. If you want something to remember you engagement by, you can have your engagement date tattooed. Have them in Roman numerals for a cool look or maybe create your own font for your tattoo artist to recreate.
- INITIALS – another really cute tattoo idea that you and your soon-to-be better half can get are initials. Have his initials tattooed on you and he can have your initials tattooed on him, just like how most engagement / wedding rings would have them engraved in. Another idea would be to have both of your initials together in one tattoo design so you both have the same tattoo.
- STATEMENT TATTOOS – what’s great about statement couple tattoos is that they’re never completely sensible until you see both which makes it perfect for couples. If you’re looking for a less conventional way to mark and symbolize your engagement, you can get these instead. Check out these cute and romantic statement couple tattoos below.
- LOCK AND KEY – what’s a better symbolism of being the perfect fit for one another than a lock and a key? The lock and key symbolizes so much about being perfect for each other so it would make a great couple’s tattoo.