There’s no other perfect time to wear fun denim styles other than summer. Summer fashion is all about creating looks that are stylish, fun, young, cool and hip and while we all love a good pair of classic denims anytime, a more fun and maybe ornate one won’t hurt. If you’re looking for ways to spruce up your summer wardrobe without having to do some major damages at the store, why not wear your denims a bit differently? You’ll be surprised at how the little changes and details can do so much for your outfit. Check out these cool ways to wear denims for summer.
- EMBELLISHED – embellished denims are super cool. They’re super unique and the embellishments on them add so much wonderful detail to your whole look making it more fun and exciting. You can always buy embellished pants from your favorite brands but if you’re the kind who likes to wear one of a kind unique items, just take an old pair of pants that you barely use anymore and breathe new life into them by embellishing them yourself. You can use materials like appliqués, lace, beads, rhinestones and anything and everything else you think would look good on them.
- CROPPED – many women are afraid of wearing cropped denims just because they think it will make them look shorter but cropped denim (or cropped pants in general) can actually make you look taller when worn right. If you’re buying your first pair of cropped pants or if you’re having them cropped by your tailor, make sure the hem hits the thinnest part of your leg. Wear heels with cropped denims to get the most out of this height-boosting effect.
- DENIM PATCHWORK – if you love unique-looking pants, you should definitely check your favorite stores for denim patchwork pants. They’re one of celebs’ and models’ favorite pieces to wear for their off duty looks and they’re super easy to pull off. Wear them with anything and everything you would with a regular pair of denims and you have yourself a more detailed street style / casual look.
- OVERALLS – overalls are taking the fashion world by storm and if you’re looking for fun new ways to wear denims this summer, you should totally try wearing denim overalls. Classic denim overalls are perfect for street style / casual outfits while colored denim overalls can be polished up with a blazer and a pair of heels so they’re ready for the office (for dress down days, that is).
- RIPPED AND DISTRESSED – wearing distressed denims is not exactly a new trend for this season (and the seasons before) but it sure is one cool way to make your street style outfit look more edgy and, at the same time, chic. When wearing ripped or distressed jeans, make sure that you keep the rest of your outfit polished and decent so you don’t end up looking shabby and sloppy. A crisp white shirt and a pair of heels with ripped jeans is a popular outfit combination idea that you can take inspiration from.