Khaki pants have a very easy and casual look to them but they’re not exactly the top choice for bottoms for a lot of fashionistas simply because they have a better rep with country club golfers and horse riders. However, with the right pieces and the right accessories, you can create a stunning street style look with a pair of these. Here are some tips and ideas on chic ways to wear khaki pants.
- WEAR IT WITH A POP OF COLOR – since khaki pants are pretty neutral, a nice pop of color somewhere in your outfit would surely do it lots of good. You can choose to wear a bright colored top for a fun and chic look or do a head to toe neutral look and wear bright statement accessories instead for your pop of color.
- GO UTILITARIAN – on the other hand, if you’re not in the mood for bright and bold colors today, you can always do as the New Yorkers do and create a utilitarian look. A chic parka would be nice with khaki pants in fall or winter while a gorgeous but light trench coat would pair up great with it for summer / spring.
- ULTRA CHIC AND CASUAL – for the ultimate casual chic look, pair up your khaki pants with a denim shirt or a chambray one. Finish it off with heels if you want to give the look a very slight hint of glam or slip into your comfiest pair of flats instead for a truly laidback look that’s perfect for a lazy afternoon.
- THE CLASSIC – another look that you can do with khaki pants is the timeless classic combo of khaki and white. Choose a crisp white button up shirt to create this look and lend it a posh look and feel to it. This is a great way to wear khaki to the office without getting too casual. You can polish it even further by adding a blazer in a neutral color. If you want something more relaxed, you can go for a simple white tee instead.
- KHAKI AND PASTEL – now, if you love the simple look of the classic khaki and white combo but you think it’s a little too plain for your style yet you don’t want to wear anything too bright or bold, what you can do is to wear your khaki pants with pastel colors for a look that’s soft but not dull.