Fashion from the 90s is making a big comeback and if you haven’t already, now is the perfect time to scroll through your old photos to see which looks you can start sporting again. You may not have always liked the way mom put together an outfit for you but wearing similar pieces today might just win you the best dressed title in the room. Here are some of the 90s trends everyone will be wearing all over again this spring.
- CHOKERS – Kylie Jenner may have started it but it’s the fashionistas all over the world that are making us want to get in on this trend again. Chokers make edgy alternatives for regular necklaces. They’re perfect if you want to put an unexpected twist in your look. Ad I f you’re thinking you’re the only one that made some growing up, think again! Today’s chokers are no longer the cheap-o’s that we got at Claire’s at a dollar for a pack of 3. They’re much more chic and sophisticated.
- OVERALLS – denim overalls were the utilitarian onesies back then. Today, they’re the ultimate must denim must have in every stylish girl’s closet. Fill up the pockets with your essentials: your phone, some cash, you cards – whatever you deem necessary for a quick day out. Wear it distressed to add a street style vibe or classic for a nice and clean look that’s truly a throwback to the 90s.
- BIRKENSTOCKS – Birks are the new flats. Wear Birks with your everyday t-shirt-and-jeans outfit for a casual look with a very relaxed and laidback vibe or wear it with a chic ensemble to dress down your look a little bit. A good pair of neutral Birks will go a long way.
- CROP TOPS AND MATCHING SETS – if you went to Coachella or have been to other festivals recently, I’m pretty sure you saw crop tops and matching sets everywhere. Out of the many 90s trends making a comeback, this one has got to be the best and most popular.
- HIGH WAISTED JEANS – these have made a comeback for quite some time now, and it’s surprising how so many women are embracing it after an era of low rise, booty bearing jeans. High waisted jeans are great because they’re universally flattering. They can help flatter your figure and even make you look taller and slimmer when worn right and worn with the right pieces.