A lot of women these days are always busy and on the go that dressing up and doing makeup seems to be more of a luxury than a necessity. If you’re a modern woman who’s conquering the world, you’ll want to do it looking good. Doing your makeup before you start your day is one way to get the job done but not everyone has the time to take everything off by the end of the day and do a whole new face for the night. Here are some makeup up must haves to take your look from day to night with ease for those who want something quick, easy and convenient.
- Blotting paper – blotting paper is one of the most important things to have in your makeup bag when planning on doing a day to night look. Use it to remove excess oil from your face after a long day before touching up your makeup. This will prevent you from getting that caked on look and will also get rid of extra shine.
- Mascara – your eyes are one of the easiest features to play up when going from day to night. Transform your daytime look into something fabulous by adding an extra coat of volumizing and lengthening mascara to give your peepers a fun and flirty look.
- Falsies – if you want to go all out with dressing up your eyes, make sure you have a pair of falsies on hand as well. Forego the wispies and go for something a bit more dramatic if the occasion calls for it.
- Glitter / metallic eye shadow – another way to take your eyes from day to night is to add some shimmer to them. Glitter and metallic eye shadows never fail when it comes to doing nighttime eye makeup. Just pat some on to the center of your lids and you’re good to go.
- Dark eye shadow – if you want to go for a sexier evening look, smoke out your eye makeup by adding some dark eye shadow to the outer corner of your eyes and blending / smudging it out.
- Bold lip color – it doesn’t matter if it’s a lipstick, a lip tint, a lip stain or whatever else you prefer; what matters is that the color you rock is bold and that you rock it with confidence. Pinks and nudes are fine, too, as long as you have the next item in your makeup bag.
- Lip gloss – matt lips may be all the rage right now but when it comes to nighttime makeup, nothing beats shiny lips that look luscious and juicy and lip gloss is just what you need to get the look.