Turtleneck tops have long been a fall and winter favorite among fashion lovers around the world because they provide just the perfect amount of warmth to any look. Most of the time, turtleneck tops and dresses come with long sleeves to maximize warmth and comfort but you’ll also come across some that don’t. So, how do you style those that don’t, you ask? Check out these tips and ideas on how to wear sleeveless turtleneck tops.
- BASIC AND NEUTRAL – one of the easiest ways to rock a sleeveless turtleneck piece, be it a dress or a top, is to go basic and neutral which means to opt for a piece that’s simple and in a neutral color like black, white or any shade of brown. You can easily pair this up with jeans or any skirt style of your choice.
- CROPPED – another way to wear sleeveless turtleneck tops is to wear them cropped. Cropped turtleneck tops may seem like a spring / summer thing but you can totally wear them in the fall / winter as well if you layer them with your usual fall / winter staples. Cropped turtleneck tops also have a nice, 90s grunge vibe to them so you can totally wear them if you’re trying to achieve the look.
- TOPPED OFF WITH OUTERWEAR – to create a comfy and cozy outfit while wearing a sleeveless turtleneck top in fall / winter, simply top off your outfit with your favorite outerwear of choice and you’re good to go. Take it from these street style stars who know how to rock one off duty.
- LAYERED WITH A DRESS – one of my favorite ways to wear a sleeveless turtleneck top is to wear it layered underneath a dress. This combination has a very stylish look and feel to it and it’s super easy to pull off, too. What’s even better is that a sleeveless turtleneck top looks great underneath just about any kind of dress.
- SLIGHTLY OVERSIZED – for an easy and comfy everyday casual look, opt for a slightly oversized sleeveless turtleneck top. It has a more relaxed look to it compared to the usual fitted top and is worn best with either leggings or skinny jeans.
- WITH A LONG SLEEVED SHIRT UNDERNEATH – another layering option you have when wearing a sleeveless turtleneck top is to layer it on top of a long-sleeved shirt. This is ideal if you want extra warmth and comfort, especially on a really cold fall / winter day and it also makes an ideal alternative for your regular turtleneck pullover.