Lace up heels are all the rage in the fashion world right now and while it’s super easy to spot a pair from your favorite stores and boutiques, pulling it off and owning the look is a different story. Because they have an extremely sexy and dressy vibe to them, lace up heels can be a little difficult to wear and style and, with the likes of the Kardashians, Chrissy Teigen, Olivia Palermo and other style stars wearing them and taking them to the next level, lace up heels get even more intimidating. Here are several ways to wear lace up heels like a true style icon.
- Casual with jeans – if you’re still a little intimidated by lace up heels and you’re looking for failsafe ways to wear it and make it your own, you can always take the safest route and create a cool and casual sexy outfit with it by wearing it with ultra skinny jeans. This is a basic look that’s sure to give your outfit that much needed pizzazz.
- Gladiator-style – on the other hand, if you’re looking forward to creating a fierce fashion statement with your pair of lace up heels, it’s best to opt for a pair with a gladiator-style design or one that laces up higher (usually around the calf) than most lace up heels. This lace up shoe style is an easy way to inject an ultra sexy vibe to your look.
- Open sandals – there are many lace up heel styles out there but if you’re looking for something that will give you ultimate street style cred, you’ll want to go for open lace up heel sandals. These are super popular among the It Girls in Hollywood and they’re super sleek and chic, too – perfect for completing any outfit.
- Super strappy – super strappy lace up heels are super sexy as well. They’re the type you’ll want to wear when you want to bring attention to your feet and your shoes and make them the focal point of your look.
- Minimalistic – on the other hand, if you’re all about clean lines and minimalism, a simple pair of lace up heels that ties around neatly should do the trick. These types of lace up heels are perfect for completing chic and sophisticated looks that you want to give a little hint of fun and hip trendiness to without really taking away the posh vibe of the whole look.