If you’re looking for a piece to add to your outfit that will serve as both a statement piece and something that will keep you nice and warm, a kimono cardigan might just be what you are looking for. Kimono cardigans tend to have a very soft and feminine vibe to them. The loose fit that this piece provides drapes beautifully on anyone who wears it and adds a very girly touch to the look. If you’re curious about this gorgeous everyday outerwear, check out these different ways to style a kimono cardigan.
- WITH TASSELS AND/OR FRINGES – tassels on fringes on a kimono cardigan give this spring / summer staple a more fall-appropriate vibe. Having tassels and/or fringes on your kimono cardigan also adds a lot of movement to the piece, making it the perfect outerwear to go for if you want just the subtlest hint of drama to your look.
- WITH PLAIN PIECES – if you’re sporting a plain and simple look today with nothing but solid colors on your pieces and you want to add a bit of a fun and girly detail to your look, simply top off your outfit with a sheer, printed kimono cardigan. It’s not going to overwhelm your outfit with print details but it will give it that nice, balanced touch.
- WITH A SHORT / BODYCON DRESS – want to dress down that posh bodycon dress or that sexy mini dress so you can wear it with a more casual vibe? Just top it off with a kimono cardigan to instantly dress it down and you won’t have any problems being overdressed for a casual day. Fininshing off your look with flats or even low key sneakers is sure to give your dress an even more laidback look.
- IN MAXI LENGTH – if you haven’t already purchased your kimono cardigan or if you’re looking for another piece to add to your collection, a maxi kimono cardigan is something you should definitely consider. Maxi kimono cardigans add movement and drama to any look, but in a very subtle and flattering way.
- WITH A BELT – if you’re not feeling the whole loose, Boho-ish kind of vibe that your kimono cardigan is giving you, you can always add a bit of structure to your outfit by cinching your kimono cardigan by the waist and defining your natural waist line a little bit more. This gives a nice, defined silhouette to your look while also adding street style credits to your outfit.