Wearing oversized clothes used to be a big no-no in the world of fashion but today, it’s completely different. Today, many names in the fashion industry have helped make the word oversized synonymous with chic and stylish and it has become a staple in many girls’ closets, especially those who love a good, laidback casual look. If you’re not sure how you can pull off wearing one, check out these tips and ideas on how to wear oversized sweaters.
- OFF SHOULDER – got a slouchy oversized sweater with a too-wide neckline that wouldn’t stay put? Instead of fussing about it, just let it be and wear your sweater with one shoulder bare. This style is a great way to show bit of skin and inject some sexy vibe into your look. An off shoulder oversized sweater is also perfect if you want something that’s super relaxed and laidback for an everyday outfit.
- WITH LEGGINGS – creating a nicely balanced silhouette can be tough sometimes but when you have something as grand and forgiving as an oversized sweater, getting the job done can be quite easy. Because an oversized sweater is so loose and slouchy, you’ll want to pair it up with something nice, snug and fitted and what better bottoms to wear than a pair of cozy leggings?
- LAYERED ON TOP OF A DRESS – one of the best things I like about the colder seasons is that layering becomes so much easier. If you’re looking for an outfit that’s both chic and comfy and you’re also looking for something that will help your feminine side shine through, a dress layered up with an oversized sweater is the way to go. I find that maxi dresses work best for this look, especially during the late fall and early winter days, but any other kind of dress works nicely, too.
- LIKE A DRESS – if you have an oversized sweater big enough to be a dress then wear it like one! Slip into your oversized sweater, put on a warm and comfy pair of boots, finish off with some accessories and you’re good to go. This makes a great quick outfit for errands or one for lounging around in style.
- WITH A SHIRT AROUND THE WAIST – cinching your outfit by the waist is one of the quickest ways to update it and give it a more stylish look but if you feel that a belt would be out-of-place for the look you’re going for, you can always achieve the cinched look by tying a shirt around your waist instead. This is also a great way to add a bit of grunge vibe to your outfit.