There are so many looks that you can pull off using a button down shirt and it all just depends on the accessories that you wear with them as well as the bottoms and the shoes. They are super versatile and can be worn anytime, anywhere. A lot of women I know love a good button down shirt because it’s so easy to wear and it never goes out of style. It’s one of those few pieces that you can keep in your closet and wear all year long because they’re super flexible in terms of style and really easy to work with, too. If you’re building a wardrobe that you can use for the years to come, it would be wise to invest in a few couple of good quality button down shirts in various colors (granted that you already have the basic and neutral colors, that is). Here are some stylish ways to wear a button down shirt.
- Cool and casual – if you’re looking for a foolproof way to wear a button down shirt, do a casual look. You can achieve this by wearing your button down shirt with your favorite pair of jeans. Classic denims and a white button down is a really popular combination during spring and summer. Don’t forget to finish up the look with cool and comfy shoes. Heels are great if you want to make your outfit look more polished but if you’re after total comfort, you can opt for ballerina flats or sandals for a girly look or sneakers for a more casual vibe.
- Street style chic – another easy way to sport a button down shirt is to do a chic street style look. It’s super easy and is perfect for hot summer days. To get the look, you can wear your button down shirt with a pair of shorts or, if you don’t feel like wearing shorts, a pair of cool distressed denims. Keep the street style feel of the outfit on full blast by finishing up your outfit with sneakers or give it a bit of a more polished look with a nice pair of heels or flats.
- Retro – inspired – one of the cutest trends that we’ve been seeing today is the ‘cool girl knot’ and we’re seeing it everywhere – on dresses, shirts, tank tops and even crop tops so why not give your button down shirt the same cool girl vibe by knotting it up? This will give you a nice retro vibe. A knotted button down looks great with just about anything, be it jeans, shorts, a skirt or even on top of a cute dress.
- Smart and sexy – button down shirts make a great addition to your work wardrobe. Go for a smart and sexy look by wearing your button down shirt with a figure flattering pencil skirt. You’ll get a sexy silhouette from this outfit combination. You can also throw on a blazer on top if you want to make it even more business-y. And, of course, don’t forget to slip into a pair of sky high sexy pumps!
- Trendy – for a cool and trendy look that’s sure to show off your sexy silhouette and shapely curves, try wearing your button down shirt tucked into high waisted pants. This look is uber sleek and chic and it makes a great business casual look as well.