rfrrrrrrrrrrrAs a fashionista, deciding on what to wear to the office can be a daily struggle. Often, you’re torn between wearing the usual office outfit staples and something really glam and chic. As a fashionista, deciding on what to wear to the office can be a daily struggle. Often, you’re torn between wearing the usual office outfit staples and something really glam and chic. What makes it difficult is that you don’t want to look too plain and simple with the basics but you don’t want to look too casual and relaxed with trendy pieces either. If you always find yourself torn between these two looks, check out these workwear commandments for stylish office girls.
- DON’T FORGET YOUR STAPLES – sure, they’re plain and simple as can be but who says you have to wear them as they are? That crisp white button down shirt may scream Plain Jane when worn alone but when topped with a crop top or a vest, it gives you a totally new, chic look. Stock up on the basic staples and use them as your base to building stylish outfits for the office.
- PILE LAYERS SMARTLY – the great thing about working in a fully air conditioned office is that you get to wear chic outerwear every single day. Take advantage of this and know that your outerwear, whether it be a blazer, jacket, cardigan or whatnot, won’t only keep you warm but will add extra style points to your look too.
- STRIVE FOR BALANCE – so many new silhouettes are on trend right now and what’s great about these new silhouettes is that they’re actually wearable in real life, workplace included. Culottes for example, have an easy breezy look and feel to them because of the loose and flowy silhouette. This often gives culottes a nice, everyday chic vibe so to make it more polished for the workplace, pair it up with something structured like a blazer or a crisp button down.
- OPT FOR SLEEVES – when dressing up for the workplace, choose sleeved pieces over sleeveless ones. Sleeveless pieces tend to look more casual though there are some exceptions such as sleeveless shift dresses and sleeveless collared shirts.
- AVOID ANYTHING SKIMPY– off shoulder tops, sheer dresses and mini dresses are all very chic and trendy but the office is not the place to sport these street style pieces. Anything that shows too much skin is an automatic no-no.
- LIVEN UP YOUR LOOK WITH COLORS – for those who don’t think they can pull off wearing anything other than the basics in the office, don’t fret. Even the plainest and most simple piece can look fun and interesting when splashed with some color. Wear flattering colors to bring your work wardrobe to life.