A graphic top is a fantastic way to express yourself through your style. You can find really good graphic tops from your favorite stores or you can have them custom made if you really want your graphic tops to speak for you. One of the things I love most about graphic tops is that they’re incredibly versatile. You can wear them with just about anything and be able to get away with it easily. It can take you from day to night, too, with the right pieces and accessories and you can dress them up or dress them down however you want. Here are some ideas on how to wear a graphic top.
- UNDER A BLAZER – give your everyday graphic top a more posh and polished look by wearing it underneath a blazer (preferably a structured one). This is a great way to sneak in a fun little detail to your work wardrobe or to just give your old graphic top a new look.
- WITH A MAXI SKIRT – this is one of my personal favorite ways to wear a graphic tee. I just think that the casual, street style vibe of a graphic top blends so well with the soft and feminine look of a maxi skirt. This combo is a certified hit among fashion bloggers, too. Just accessorize, finish up your outfit with a pair of your favorite sandals, heels or booties and you’re good to go.
- AS A STRAIGHT UP STATEMENT MAKER – use your graphic top to make a statement and express yourself. I find that the best way to make this happen is to make your graphic top the focal point of your look. This means wearing it with the plain basics like jeans and sneakers with no layers added.
- DRESSED UP – dress up a plain old graphic top by wearing it with something fancy and posh. It could be anything from a sequined skirt to a fur vest or a leather jacket, perhaps. Dressing up your graphic tee is also a great way to dress down a ritzier piece. If you’re creative enough, you might even find the perfect balance and make an edgy black tie outfit with your graphic top.
- ROCKER STYLE – got a graphic top with your favorite band on it? Wear it rocker chic style by pairing it up with leather pieces, preferably in black. This is a great look to wear to concerts as well as just for everyday street style looks, especially in the fall and winter months. This works for any other graphic tee, too.