Summer dressing can be a challenge sometimes, especially when it’s just too hot outside for layers and accessories. Dressing poorly and looking sloppy is never an option for a fashionista like you, though, so coming up with looks that are both comfy and stylish is a must. On days when you just need to look on point but can’t figure out how to nail it, remember these tips on how to take your summer street style game up a notch.
- LAYER WITH A LONG VEST – a vest makes a nice layering piece but instead of opting for the usual, go for something a little longer – perhaps something as long as a mini dress and top one off with it. It creates a gorgeous layer that’s not too warm or heavy for summer and also adds a bit of dramatic sophistication to your look.
- WEAR A BODY CHAIN – when wearing something that shows off a fair amount of skin, add a body chain to your ensemble. This will add that sexy, sultry vibe to your look without taking your outfit over the top. You can wear it with anything – from a crop top and shorts combo to a bathing suit.
- THROW IN A BANDANA – whether you wear it around your neck, on your head, around your wrist, your waist or just on the handle of your purse, throwing in a bandana somewhere in your outfit will definitely up your street style game.
- WEAR SOCKS – not the warm and fluffy, woolly kind, of course. When wearing socks in the summer, opt for lighter pairs. You can wear these with heels, sandals and, of course, sneakers. They will not only make your outfit look more unique but will also help prevent blisters for your feet.
- STACK YOUR JEWELRY – too hot for layers of clothes? Layer up on jewelry instead. This is the perfect styling trick for adding more layers and details to your look without compromising neither comfort nor style.
- WEAR A BRALETTE – it’s sexy, it’s strappy, it definitely deserves to be seen. A bralette is a great way to show some skin and add a sexy street style vibe to your look. Wear it under a light cardigan or blazer paired up with shorts for a very laidback look or underneath a maxi dress or an oversized shirt for an easy, breezy summer ensemble. Cute bralettes are the perfect solution to muscle tanks and oversized tees, too!